The summer produce bonanza continues! There isn’t anything too strange in this box except for the alien squash. Here are my plans:
The low-hanging fruit (i.e., stuff that we can eat with minimal preparation)
- 2 nectarines – Eat one and poke at the other one since it got smashed in the box and is really mushy.
- 1 bunch lettuce – Eat as a salad.
- 1 pound plums – Practice juggling, then eat.
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots – Eat with salads.
- 1 tiny box blueberries – Gone
The experimental subjects (i.e., stuff that will inspire new recipes)
- 1 pound potatoes – I was going to try this classy Hot Pocket recipe last time, but Bill hijacked the potatoes for Hasselback potatoes. I shall try again.
- 1 pound assorted tomatoes – The only thought I have is fried green tomatoes. But I don’t like to fry things.
- 1 pound summer squash – Stare at them and contemplate their alien appearance. Attempt to communicate with them. Then grill them.